Expert Survival Tip: Top 10 Fit Bride Tips From Nikki Fitness
Nikki Glor (aka Nikki Fitness), the creator of the Nikki Beach Bride Destinaton Wedding Workout DVD has shared with us her Top 10 Fit Bride Tips that are great for brides-to-be as well as bridesmaids and wedding guests. You don’t have to be getting ready for your wedding to get in shape, so we wanted to provide you with this professional trainer’s tips on being the best you can be. Should you want more information or want to try this workout, Nikki’s DVD is available at Amazon as well as her website.
We at Survive Wedding Season tried this destination wedding workout and it is TOUGH…but in a good way. Nikki’s personal goals to get in shape for her own wedding are what inspired her and motivated her to help other brides prepare for their weddings. And Nikki has definitely got a busy bride in mind.
Have limited time and want to maximize your workout? Nikki’s approach will definitely keep you on track. Plus face it, everyone should have (or make) thirty minutes in their day for health and achieving their personal fitness goals.
Get Ready Brides And Guests, Here Are Nikki’s Top 10 Tips:
- Set goals that are realistic and specific. Having a set time period as your goal will help you stick to a new fitness regime. What better goal than to fit into your wedding dress both looking and feeling amazing! Write down your plan of action for every day, week, etc. Make sure it is something you can measure – not just the end goal – but the milestones along the way. Start with a plan that you think you can accomplish or exceed.
- Figure out your barriers to exercise and eating well and make a plan to conquer and avoid these specific barriers. Take each barrier or excuse and write down ways you can solve the problem.
- Put one sneaker in front of the other. Many of us waste too much time saying we need to work out but dread the process. Trick yourself by just getting dressed for it and not really thinking about the next step. If you take it one step at a time before you know it you will finish your cool down and feel amazing.
- Multitask your workouts! Cut your one hour workout into 30-minutes of multitasking toning moves (doing upper and lower body at same time while involving the core) with cardio intervals to boost your metabolism and fat burn.
- Invest in a gym membership, DVD or trainer if you don’t have one already…and use it. If you don’t have a lot of money right now, buy an inexpensive workout DVD like my Nikki Beach Bride Destination Wedding Workout.
- Incorporate music into your workout. Make yourself an upbeat iPod play-list or CD and dance around as you straighten up at home, find a hip-hop or African dance class at the gym, learn to bellydance at an adult education class or at the Y, or plan a girls night that includes dancing. You can find a great list of songs on my website.
- Make active dates to see friends and family and do something that doesn’t involve eating and drinking. Walk through the park, go biking in summer, ice skate or cross country ski in winter, walk the mall, take a yoga or cardio class, or run on a treadmill right next to your friend.
- Think of food as a fuel, not as a gift, which means passing on food that is high in fat and sugar. Take HALF the portion everyone else heaps onto their plate at a party and when dining out pack up half your food in a to-go container.
- Follow the food pyramid daily by focusing on whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean protein and calcium, not sweets and fats. Also, take a daily multi-vitamin. If you have to be at a restaurant identify the three healthiest things on the menu and pick one.
- Weigh yourself every week to remember your goals and feel good about the choices you made yesterday.
Nikki Fitness Top Ten Fitness Tips are reprinted with the permission of the author and were originally posted on www.BridalGuide.com.
- Expert Survival Tip: Survive A Wedding Hangover by Esther Blum
- Watch Out Strapless Dress – It’s The Sexy Survival Arm Workout! by Thomas Johnson
- “We Do” Healthy Eating! by Carolyn Scott
- Yoga for Brides (and Bridesmaids) – Bring the Deep Breath to the Big Day! By Lisa Helfer
Have a great wedding survival tip to share with the Survive Wedding Season community? Email your tips to email@example.com.
Your Attendance Is Appreciated! ™